Nuclear Cowboyz® Takes Off in 2013 for 11-Stop Tour Featuring the World’s Top Freestyle Motocross Athletes
TAKES OFF IN 2013 FOR 11-STOP TOUR FEATURING THE WORLD’S TOP FREESTYLE MOTOCROSS ATHLETES
AURORA, Ill. (September 4, 2012) – Feld Motor Sports®announced today the 2013 Nuclear Cowboyz® freestyle motocross (FMX) tour schedule, which kicks off Saturday, January 12 at the Sprint Center of Kansas City, Mo. For the first time ever, the highly acclaimed Nuclear Cowboyz2013 tour will visit New Orleans and San Antonio, and back by popular demand, will return to Houston and Atlanta, following a one-year hiatus. Tickets will be available to the general public on Friday, September 21.
Nuclear Cowboyz 2013 is the only FMX tour of its kind that’s told through an adrenaline-packed narrative based in a futuristic setting. The saga is defined through jaw-dropping freestyle motocross tricks meshed with stimulating pyrotechnic and laser displays all synchronized to heavy metal, rock alternative and electronic dubstep music.
Nuclear Cowboyz 2013 has the greatest cast of freestyle motocross, trials and quad riders ever assembled, including recent X Games 2012 medalists Ronnie Faisst, Mike Mason, Taka Higashino and Winter X Games gold and silver medalist Colten Moore. The tour also includes former gold medalists Adam Jones and Matt Buyten as well as award-winning freestylers Derek Garland, Brody Wilson, Jimmy Fitzpatrick, Wes Agee, Nick Dunne, Geoff Aaron, Keith Wineland and Marco Picado in this action-packed freestyle performance of pure danger and raw combat.
The two legendary Nuclear Cowboyz FMX tribes, the Soldiers of HavocSM and Metal Mulisha®, return for an action-packed event that takes place in the war-torn city of Los Angeles during the year 2150. The tale unfolds as the two tribes’ survival is threatened and besieged by an evil force, The Tempest and her electrifying acrobatic Cyborg Army. Cast into the heart-pounding ferocity and frenzied excitement are the alluring Nuclear Cowgirlz® dancers, whose allegiance to their tribes only intensifies the Tempest’s rage to destroy the Nuclear Cowboyz. The Soldiers of Havoc and Metal Mulisha’s battle is fought through fearless, gravity-defying freestyle tricks.
“We are so excited to bring Nuclear Cowboyz 2013 back for its fourth tour in North America,” exclaimed producer Juliette Feld. “This is the only place where fans can catch the top freestyle riders in the world riding side by side in an all out production. Fans will be mesmerized as two, three, then four riders flip together. These thrills are heightened by the most radiant pyrotechnic and laser effects ever seen indoors. Nuclear Cowboyz 2013 is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression on every fan.”
Nuclear Cowboyz 2013 returns under the guidance of a production team including:
- Scotty Nguyen (Director and Choreographer) – Returns as director and choreographer for Nuclear Cowboyz 2013. A seasoned choreographer for Feld Entertainment productions, his performance credits include working with Michael Jackson and as the lead dancer in the Spice Girls Reunion tour. Nguyen has choreographed campaigns for companies such as Nike, Levy’s, Bratz Dolls, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Mortal Kombat, as well as TV and Film (The X-Factor.) An award winning choreographer, he recently completed pop video choreography for recording artists Melissa Schumann and Shut Up Stella.
- Micky Dymond (Stunt Choreographer) – A two-time AMA Motocross Lites Class National Champion. Dymond returns to Nuclear Cowboyz for his fourth year bringing along his extensive racing and stunt knowledge to choreograph the world’s greatest freestyle motocross riders.
- David Lagana (Writer) – Has a list of writing accolades to his credit including NBC’s hit series FRIENDS. Lagana is a veteran in the sports entertainment industry as lead writer for World Wrestling Entertainment’s (WWE) two-hour weekly, live action show Smackdown and highlighting careers of John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Batista, and CM Punk. Lagana is currently working on new program development for Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling.
- Jesse Blevins (Lighting Designer) – Has overseen spectacular lighting scenery for a wide range of performers and performances like the Backstreet Boys: Live from O2 Arena, No Doubt Tour with lead singer Gwen Stefani, Dancing with the Stars tours and since 2001 and Feld Entertainment’s Disney On Ice shows, including Treasure Trove. Blevins has worked with the Nuclear Cowboyz tour since its inception.
- Rick Papineau (Scenic Designer) – Vice President of Scenic Elements for Feld Entertainment. Responsible for creating props, scenic elements and special effects for Feld Entertainment’s touring shows Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Disney On Ice and Feld Motor Sports’ Nuclear Cowboyz.
- Dawna Oak (Costume Designer) – Brings experience in managing the exotic and breathtaking costumes for the thousands of performers from several of Feld Entertainment’s productions, which include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Disney On Ice and Feld Motor Sports’ Nuclear Cowboyz.
The Nuclear Cowboyz 2013 freestyle motocross tour will travel to the following North American cities:
Nuclear Cowboyz 2013
||Kansas City, Mo.
||U.S. Bank Arena
||Consol Energy Center
||The Palace at Auburn Hills
||Auburn Hills, Mich.
||Tampa Bay Times Forum
|| Philips Arena
||New Orleans Arena
|| IZOD Center
|| East Rutherford, N.J.
||Citizens Business Bank Arena
*Ticket On-Sale Dates to be Announced Soon.
Experience Nuclear Cowboyz with a VIP Fallout Zone
ticket. A very limited number of tickets are set aside for the BIGGEST Nuclear Cowboyz fans. Each VIP Fallout Zone ticket includes: Premium seating, admission to a private meet and greet with the stars of Nuclear Cowboyz 2013 where fans will be presented with a commemorative VIP Fallout Zone credential and poster. Only VIP Fallout Zone ticket holders will be able to take part in the meet and greet. It's the ultimate VIP experience. Don't wait as these seats are extremely limited and will go fast.
Information regarding tickets for the Nuclear Cowboyz 2013 tour can be found by visiting www.nuclearcowboyz.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
For more information on the Nuclear Cowboyz tour, please log on to www.NuclearCowboyz.com. For all media requests, please contact Brian Rog firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 566-6205. To join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates on your favorite riders and cast members and latest tour stops, log on to http://www.facebook.com/nuclearcowboyz and http://twitter.com/nuclearcowboyz.
About Feld Motor Sports®
Feld Motor Sports®, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. productions include Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMA Arenacross Series, Nuclear Cowboyz®, and IHRA® Nitro Jam®. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.